Simply put, a biological biostimulant can help to restore the balance between the plant and soil health. This course dives into what a biological biostimulant is, how they are made, and how these microorganisms and their metabolites can positively benefit plant nutrient acquisition; improve soil health; and in the end, enhance crop quality and yield.
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to share with your customers:
- What a microorganism and microbiome are, and why they are important.
- The different type of biological species that work in symbiosis with the plant, where they are found, and their function.
- The fermentation process and the key active ingredients that make up biological products.
- Why we need to balance our biologicals with nutrition, and vice versa, to maximize the benefit of these products on plant health and growth.
- The key agronomic benefits of biological products when applied to the seed, soil, or by foliar application.
- Time: 50 minutes total
- Quiz: 14 questions total
- CEU Credit: 0.5 Nutrient Management
CCA – CEU Credits will be submitted to the CCA board on your behalf by ATP at the end of every month. If you would like to receive credits, please ensure you have entered your CCA number in your ATP Academy profile. If you have any questions about how to get your CCA – CEU credits please contact Melissa Matias @ [email protected].
With commitment, passion and a proven track record that spans more than 25 years, Jarrett has a singular focus - to deliver results for growers. This focus will propel the agriculture and horticulture industries across North America.
Jarrett’s professional experience started at the Univ of Manitoba where he obtained a M.Sc. in Soil Fertility and Microbiology. While at U of M he worked on the Jumpstart and Agrotain technologies. The skills gained on these projects allowed him to develop and commercialize the ESN and Duration Slow release fertilizer technologies across North America for the fruit, vegetable, turfgrass and nursery markets.
Realizing that growers must maximize crop production to meet the demands of a growing global population, Jarrett knew he needed to comprehensively understand Plant Nutrition. So over the last 16 years he has focused on managing plant nutrition through the seed, the soil and the plant.
Over the past 5 years, the focus has been to take the complexity of plant nutrition and organize it into an easy to use, agronomically sound system. The development of the System of Chemtrition not only meets, but exceeds this goal, and is backed by the R3 Agronomic platform.
Jarrett Chambers is the co-founder of ATP Nutrition. ATP Nutrition is a Canadian-owned and operated nutrient company, structured to be a leader in Plant Nutrient Innovation.