Kelpak is a seaweed extract product that is made from the Ecklonia maxima seaweed species. This course explains how the active ingredients are extracted, how this product can increase yield by enhancing rooting and pollen tube growth, and then reviews field trial research, proving the benefits of Kelpak on various crops and by multiple application methods.
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to share with your customers:
- Where Ecklonia is found, how it is harvested and how the active ingredients are extracted from the plant material.
- How polyamines and phlorotannins within Kelpak can help plants deal with nutrient deficiency and reduce abiotic and biotic stresses
- How Kelpak impacts yield and plant growth
- Time: 40 minutes total
- Quiz: 11 questions
- CEU Credits: 0.5 Nutrient Management *
* CEU credits will be submitted on your behalf upon the completion of the course. This process can take up to 30 days to appear in your account. If you have any issues please contact ATP at [email protected]
Riaan Lourens has spent 20 years with Kelp Products International, starting as a field specialist and now as the Global Technical Manager. His current focus is technical and sales support in the North American and European markets.
Prior to Kelp Products International, he spent 20 years conducting research with the South African Department of Agriculture and Agricultural Research Council, where he focused on fruit crops and weed science. He holds a master’s degree in biochemistry from the University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, as well as a doctorate in plant physiology from the University of California, Davis.