Protein hydrolysates have received increasing attention in recent years due to their positive effects on crop performance under environmental stress conditions. This course reveals what protein hydrolysates are, how they are extracted, what they do in the plant, and the agronomic benefits they offer.
Upon successfully completing this course, you will be able to share with your customers:
- What protein hydrolysates are and why they are important.
- The role each of the 20 amino acids have in plant physiology.
- How plants can benefit from externally applied amino acids.
- The two protein hydrolysis methods – chemical and enzymatic, and the pros and cons of each.
- The benefits of combining amino acids with seaweed extracts.
- The benefits of combining amino acids with humic acids.
- The benefit of protein hydrolysates on grain yield and quality.
- Time: 45 minutes total
- Quiz: 12 questions total
- CEU Credit: 0.5 Nutrient Management
CCA – CEU Credits will be submitted to the CCA board on your behalf by ATP at the end of every month. If you would like to receive credits, please ensure you have entered your CCA number in your ATP Academy profile. If you have any questions about how to get your CCA – CEU credits please contact Jenna Kalichuk @ [email protected]
Dr. Anna Fontana is Product Manager at Biolchim. She joined the company in 2013 after completing her Ph.D. in Chemical Ecology from the University of Jena, Germany. She holds a Master degree in Agricultural Sciences and Technology.